HANDLING OF VIOLATION WITH THE ABOVE MONEY WHEN REGISTRATION
Old conception of settling in the United States
“Peaceful career” is always the first criterion in the settlement of the Vietnamese. Since ancient times to the Peace is always placed on top of the mind of the Vietnamese. And American settlement is no exception. Many people in the previous period always concealed the need to carry all of the assets when going abroad to settle in the United States. Carrying property is essential for settling in a completely new living area and forcing us to adapt from the beginning. However, with the policy of global integration as today, the law has very clear policies when settling can bring much money?
Regulations on bringing cash and property upon exit
According to the Decree No. 45/2016 / ND-CP dated August 1, people on exit do not declare or make false declarations of gold, foreign currency cash or Vietnam dong in excess of the prescribed levels, shall be subject to the following penalties:
- VND 1-3 million, in case of exceeding the prescribed limit, the violation material evidences shall be valued at between VND 5 million and under 30 million.
- From 5 to 15 million VND in case of exceeding the prescribed level, the violation material evidences shall be valued at between VND 30 million and under 70 million.
- VND 15-25 million in case of exceeding the prescribed level, the violation material evidences are worth from 70 million to less than 100 million VND.
- VND 30-50 million in case of exceeding the prescribed level with violation material evidences valued at VND 100 million or more, which are not crimes.
In addition, the carrying of gold bars, gold raw materials, gold jewelry, fine art on exit, entry of Vietnamese individuals are regulated by Circular No. 11/2014 / TT-NHNN dated March 28. / 2014. Specifically:
Article 2. Carrying gold when leaving or entering Vietnam with passports
- Vietnamese individuals and foreign individuals on exit or entry with passports shall not be allowed to carry piece gold or raw material gold
- Where a foreign individual enters Vietnam carrying piece gold or raw material gold, he / she shall have to carry out the customs procedures at his / her customs warehouse for carrying out his / her exit or carry out procedures for transferring abroad and bear all relevant expenses. incurred
2. Vietnamese individuals and foreign individuals on entry or exit with passports carrying gold jewelry and fine art items with a total weight of 300 g or more must declare them to the customs offices.
Article 3. Carrying gold on exit or entry by border laissez – passer, entry – exit laissez – passer or border identity card
- Vietnamese individuals and individuals, when leaving or entering Vietnam with border laissez-passers, entry or exit entry laissez-passers or border identity cards, shall not be allowed to carry raw material gold, piece gold, jewelry gold except for the cases specified in Clause 2 of this Article.
- Vietnamese individuals and foreign individuals on entry or exit with border laissez-passers, entry and exit laissez-passers, border identity cards shall be worn on goldsmiths or artisans for jewelry purposes. such as rings, cords, rings, earrings, pins and other jewelry; In cases where the total volume is 300g or more, it must be declared to the customs office. “
Procedures for granting permits for carrying gold when settling overseas
Vietnamese individuals permitted to settle abroad who wish to carry gold when leaving Vietnam according to the provisions at Point b, Clause 2, Article 4 of this Circular must send directly or by mail one dossier set to the State Bank a branch of a province or city under central authority where such individual resides. Profile include:
- An application for a license to carry gold upon exit overseas.
- Purchase invoices or other papers evidencing the lawful origin or written commitment of the individual bearing the gold on the legality of the amount of gold to be transported in case there are no invoices or papers proving the origin.
- Passports and entry visas for countries requiring entry visas.
- The decision of the competent authority permitting the settlement or other papers of equivalent value.
Copies are issued from original books or authenticated copies or copies accompanied with originals for comparison; If the person submitting the dossier submits the copy together with the original for comparison, the reference person shall have to certify the copy’s accuracy as compared with the original. Where documents and documents are in a foreign language, they must be translated into Vietnamese and notarized or authenticated by the translator’s signature as prescribed by law.
Within 15 working days after receiving the complete and valid dossiers, the State Bank’s branches in the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government shall consider and grant the permits for carrying gold when settling overseas. In case of refusal to grant licenses, the State Bank branches in provinces, cities under the central Government’s management shall issue written explanations.
Permits for carrying gold when settling abroad are valid for use within 6 months from the date of issuance.