The process for getting a green card in the US will depend on whether you are living outside or in the US, in which case? The following are the most common green card cases.

1. Green card through family

If you have a relative who is a US citizen or US resident, why not use this method to apply for a green card? The United States encourages reunification among family members, so do not hesitate.

2. Direct relationship with US citizens:

You can get a green card if you are a direct relative or a dependent family member, a green card, or a US citizen who files a Form I-130, sponsoring a relative.

The following is a list of immediate relatives of US citizens when they meet the following conditions:

  • A child (unmarried and under 21) of a US citizen.
  • Wife or husband of a US citizen.
  • Parent of a US citizen (if US citizen is 21 years or older).
  • Family member of a US citizen in priority:
  • Unmarried son or daughter (21 years or older) of a US citizen.
  • The married son or daughter (all ages) of a US citizen.
  • Brothers and sisters of a US citizen.
  • Or can use the form of work in the US to apply for a green card. Most items require the employer to have a labor certification and then apply for I-140 (Worker’s Guaranty for Immigrant Workers).

Through this article, SG VISA expects you to get a quick green card and it does not take long.