THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN TAKING A DRIVER’S LICENSE EXAM IN THE U.S
A US driver’s license is an extremely important piece of paper that you must have in circulation. To obtain a US driver’s license, you must study and practice very rigorously. So how do you pass the license exam? Let SG VISA look at the US driver’s license exams.
In the United States, a driver’s license is issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). However, with this license you can use federal and in Canada. A driver’s license can also be used to identify people in Vietnam. As a result, you can use your license to pay for your domestic flight.
A special point in a US driver’s license is that when a driver’s license has a red heart or the words organ donate, they agree to donate their organs in cases where the person died of traffic accident. As in Vietnam, the driver’s license is also divided into different levels of means of transportation such as trucks, coaches, taxis … The information on the driver’s license includes: series, cardholder’s portrait, copy of the cardholder’s signature, full name, date of birth, permanent residence address, type of driver’s license, , weight, eye color, gender, date of issue, expiration date. The term of the US driver’s license is 16 years.
Points to note to pass the US driver’s license round
- At the age of 16 you can take a driver’s license but when accompanied by an adult you must have a driving license. You can take the exam by yourself at 18 years of age.
- Just like driving license tests in Vietnam, you also need to learn the laws, signs, directions.
- When you feel you have enough knowledge and can take a driver license exam, you can schedule a DMV appointment by phone or online to test your driving license in the US.
- You will need to present ID / pastport / green card or I-94 card (if you have non-immigrant visa).
- Apply for the original driver’s license and pay the fee.
- Put portrait and fingerprints.
- You will be given a vision test to be eligible for a driver’s license examination.
- The test will have 46 questions, if you want to pass this test you must answer at least 39 questions. Normally, this exam does not limit the time so you need to consider carefully before choosing the answer. If you skip three times in this test you have to wait 7 days to be able to register again.
- A good thing for Vietnamese people is that they are driving in the US on the right. This makes it difficult for people from some countries to practice driving on the left, such as Australia, Japan, Macao, Thailand.
- Even if you already have a driver’s license or have a driving license in Vietnam, you should attend some driving lessons in the US for more confidence before taking the practice exam. You can hire a private teacher (over 25) or attend a driving school. The cost of studying with a private teacher is usually cheaper and is calculated by the hour.
- Practical driving (also known as the rear seat). When you are confident enough, you can bring your learner permit and road test.
- Cars that you use to take the test must be in good working conditions such as signal lights, brakes, whistles and special insurance.
- When taking a driver’s license exam in the US, a supervisor will sit next to you and ask you to drive a variety of skills including parking skills.
- Each exam lasts from 10 to 15 minutes. The total score of this exam is 100, if you reach 70 points or more you will pass.
- If you have some minor bugs, they can show you how to fix them in the next drive.
- As with the theoretical part, you will have 3 chances to take the test, but each time you retake the $ 6 fee.
- In some states like Virginia, you will get a driver’s license right away if you pass the exam. However, in some states such as Texas, you will receive a temporary (not pictured) driving license valid for 60 days.
- If you fail to do so, you can take the test again, but if you are not confident enough, you should correct the mistake you experienced before applying for the test or to practice more.
- You can apply for an international driver’s license once you have a US driver’s license. This license is applicable to persons 18 years of age or older and still valid for the duration of the driver’s license.
- When you have a driver’s license, it is a good idea to take a copy or a copy if it is lost.