Hello SG VISA, My name is Lan Anh, living in Saigon. I have some questions asking for help from SG VISA.

My fiancée opens the petition for me to marry her. We have loved each other since childhood but the devastating war has left us lost for more than 30 years. I thought this life would not see him again until early 2014, I met him again and he has opened the record for my mother and child. I am going to interview at the Consulate in August. Previously I married German and lived in Germany for 2 years (from 1995 to 1997) and now I am divorced. I have been in Hong Kong for 3 years.

SG VISA for me, do I have to apply for a criminal record of Germany and Hong Kong? If I can not get these papers for an unforeseeable reason, then will the Consulate have a visa? Are my two accompanying children granted a visa or do I have to have a visa before my two children can get a visa?

When I get a visa then what steps do I need to take to get my green card?

We look forward to receiving inquiries from SG VISA. Sincerely thank. Lan Anh


Hello Ms Lan Anh,

Congratulations to your dream of reuniting with your young lover closer and closer. The war does not mean that the sky will be in and the pain will end, that the war will always leave more losses, pain, pain in the flow of time can diminish. the pain that haunts us forever.

SG VISA can see the desire, desire to reunite with her relatives. In this article, SG VISA hopes to provide you with more information and knowledge about immigration, so you can apply for and apply for your green card yourself.

According to the Consulate’s regulations, “Applicants aged 16 years or over must submit a Judicial Record in all countries OUTSIDE Vietnam where the applicant has resided for at least six months from the age of 16 years. ” Therefore, if you have ever lived in Germany and Hong Kong, then you must apply for a CV in the foreign country to bring with you to the interview. If you do not get these documents, the Consulate will not issue you a visa until you have completed all the required paperwork. This means that the accompanying child will not be granted a visa until she is granted a visa. You should call or visit the embassy of these countries for further assistance.

In addition to proving that your legal background and your 16-year-old children are clean, you and your children also need to be prepared for the correct personal, The consular officer interviewed her about her personal issues, as well as her sponsor, everyone in her family would be ready to provide information in a fluent and accurate manner. At the same time, the guarantor also needs to know about her life and the current two children are happening, and she and two children also need to know about the life of her fiance very well, especially financial details, work and property of both parties. Finally, she and her fiance should collect and continue to build evidence of the relationship. Sister and fiance need to look at the evidence that the two of them have started dating until the time of separation because of the war, time to find each other in 2014, and evidence of the meetings to prove their brothers and sisters. have met many times since 2014 to present.

Personal information, life and financial knowledge, evidence of your relationship will help convince your consular officer that your relationship is real, has existed in the past, is happening now, and will continue in the future. This information, knowledge and evidence will leave the consular officer no reason to deny her fiancee’s petition, and her family will be reunited in the United States.

After arriving in the United States, the first thing was that my fiancé and my fiancé were married for 90 days. You can apply for marriage at the City Hall of your home town, and the procedure will be very easy and only lasts for 30 minutes. Then, submit the following to the US Department of Immigration (USCIS):

1. Application to Register Permanent residence (USCIS Form I-485)

2. Biographic Information (USCIS Form G-325A)

Note: This form must be completed if you are between the ages of 14-79.

3. Affidavit of Support (USCIS Form I-864)

4. Vaccination supplement (Any proof that vaccination has been completed in Vietnam prior to entry into the United States)

5. USCIS Approval Form (Form I-797) – Approval Notice

6. Copy of Marriage Certificate

7. Copy of the nationality of the guarantor

8. A copy of the birth certificate, passport (the page with the US visa) of the guaranteed

9. The I-485 form fee is $ 985 and the biometric fee is $ 85. Total: $ 1070 (Use check sheet)

Note: For each dependent child, you must fill out an I-485 form for each person and if the child is 13 or older, an additional fee of $ 635 per person is required. Biometrics must be paid at $ 85 when you are between the ages of 14-78.

10. Two 5 × 5 photos of the Guaranteed

11. Form I-765 (If you want to work during the review period)

Then mail to the following address: USCIS Attn:


131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

In addition to the above, you and your 2 grandchildren will need to prepare for a stable and confident psychology interview with the Department of Immigration after you have entered the United States and your application for a Green Card. Just like the interview at the US Embassy in Vietnam, a US Department of Immigration (USCIS) officer will ask about personal information, knowledge about life in Vietnam and in the US, and his relationship with the United States. sister. When your family is well prepared and certain questions and questions from government officials are clearly answered, government officials will have no reason to refuse the Green Card application. your family.

SG VISA hopes to have some answers to your questions and interested readers with similar issues. If you and other readers have other questions, please contact SG VISA for more detailed and detailed advice. Wish you soon be reunited and build a new life with your American friend.

Huy Ton and SG VISA Team